The entry and exit permit, allows a foreign national to prove his/her lawful stay in the
country to exit and return to Mexico; it applies when there is a process pending
resolution which requires the immigration authority to hold the foreign national’s FM3 or
FM2 immigration forms.
The immigration authority shall issue an entry and exit permit, taking the following
issues into consideration:
- When the foreign national needs to leave the country.
- When the immigration process pending resolution has been submitted within the
terms and conditions set forth in the applicable standard.
- When the process pending resolution is one of the following events:
- Renewal (FM2).
- Change of immigration status from non-immigrant to immigrant.
- Resident declaration.
- Change of immigration characteristic.
- Acquisition of Resident immigration characteristic.
- Issue or replacement of immigration form.
- Enrollment in the National Foreign Registration.
- Notification of change of address, activity, marital status or nationality implying a
modification in the immigration form.
- Authorization to the immigrant or resident foreign national to stay out of the country for
periods longer than those established in the LGP.
- The exit and return permit shall be requested before the federal entity office
where the immigration process pending resolution is being processed.
- The exit and return permit shall be in force for up to 60 natural days as from its
issue. The foreign national shall obtain the country entry and exit seals.
- The foreign national shall deliver the exit and return permit to the immigration
authority that issued the same, upon resolution of his/her immigration process.
Visas & Immigration Documents
Derechos Reservados, 2008. Visasmex ™ / Batres Nieto, Abogados Asociados, S.C.
Part of our services includes identifying your current immigration status in order to offer you the best option for your Mexican visa or long-term
immigration document in Mexico. Our immigration & naturalization experts are attorneys with over 10-year experience in the field who have
assisted foreign nationals from all over the world to attain their visas and immigration documents under all kinds of immigration statuses and