Documentation: Fm2 (Photo ID)
Expiration: 1 year
Extensions: Up to 4 times
I. Private Income Retiree
IV. Non-union workers or employees
- To notify the National Institute of Immigration about any change on such
status, i.e. change of activity, change of employer, change of marital status,
- He/she may leave the country for up to eighteen months continuously or
interruptedly within his/her 5-year stay.
- Only foreign nationals with the Private Income Retiree modality are entitled to
import a foreign automobile free of permanent import tax charges.
- If out of the country, even when documentation has expired, he/she may request
an extension upon his/her return, having up to a thirty-day term as from his/her
fm3 expiration date.
- He/she may perform additional activities other than those expressly authorized,
provided that he/she obtains the corresponding permit from Immigration.
- He/she may obtain securities and fixed or variable income securities, shares and
stocks, assets for undertaking corporate activities and the like, make bank
deposits, acquire urban and rustic real estate with actual rights on them, as well
as fiduciary rights, pursuant Article 27 of the Political Constitution of the United
Mexican States, the Foreign Investment Law, and other applicable laws and
provisions, as well as international agreements where Mexico participates,
without a permit from Immigration.
It refers to the immigration status given to foreign nationals who legally enter the country
for living, while they obtain the resident status.
Permanent Resident (Status)
Visas & Immigration Documents
Private Income Retiree
Non-union workers or employees
Artists and athletes
Derechos Reservados, 2008. Visasmex ™ / Batres Nieto, Abogados Asociados, S.C.
As part of our services, we will identify your current immigration status in order to offer you the best option for your Mexican visa or long term
immigration document in Mexico. Our Immigration & Naturalization Attorneys, are people with more than 10-year experience on the field,
attaining visas and immigration documents for Foreign Nationals from all over the world under all the immigration modalities and characteristics.
* Family members in each category will be entitled to apply for an Fm2 Immigrant (Photo ID) as well.