Documentation: Resident (Photo ID)
Expiration: N/A (indefinite)
Extensions: N/A (indefinite)
- To notify Instituto Nacional de Migración any status change, e.g. professional
activity, employer, marital status, nationality, etc. Notification to I.N.M. is for
informational purposes only and not for seeking authorization thereof.
- Total period of continuous absence from Mexico may be three continuous years.
- Total period of continuous absence from Mexico may be five continuous years
within a period of ten years.
- Foreign national may perform additional professional activities without requesting
- Foreign national may obtain securities and fixed or variable income securities,
shares and stocks, assets to undertake corporate activities and the like, make
bank deposits, purchase urban and countryside realty with property as well as
fiduciary rights pursuant to Article 27 of the Political Constitution of the United
Mexican States, Foreign Investment Law, and other applicable laws and
provisions, as well as international agreements where Mexico participates, without
a permit from I.N.M.
It refers to the expressed declaration by the Ministry of the Interior, through the INM,
indicating that a foreign national has been granted the resident status, and thus, the
permanent residence rights in the country.
Permanent Resident (Status)
Visas & Immigration Documents
Derechos Reservados, 2008. Visasmex ™ / Batres Nieto, Abogados Asociados, S.C.
Part of our services includes identifying your current immigration status in order to offer you the best option for your Mexican visa or long-term
immigration document in Mexico. Our immigration & naturalization experts are attorneys with over 10-year experience in the field who have
assisted foreign nationals from all over the world to attain their visas and immigration documents under all kinds of immigration statuses and